Thank you for all your prayers for PCC this week, and for the contributions you have made towards the discernment of the best way to invest the money left to the church by Betty Shakeshaft in the Kingdom work here in Wellington.
We weighed up the input from the church members, the likely cost of the various suggestions, and the positive impact they might have on our being called to be closer to Christ and sent to be closer to others.
We decided that there are three possible major projects that we will investigate before committing to one or more of them.
- Reordering of the back of church to improve the toilet facilities, open up the space (perhaps with new doors), and provide more adequate facilities for serving refreshments in church.
- Developing a base for outreach in the town centre.
- Repair and refurbishment of the organ.
Project teams were assigned to research each of these initiatives to come back to PCC.
We also decided that there were a number of projects that we would implement once the required permissions are in place.
- Replacement of the sound system.
- Purchase of forty chairs for use in church, replacing some pews.
- Investment in additional resources for the youth and children’s groups, over and above our normal budget spend.
- Investment in new music for the Festival Chorus.
The Mission team had developed proposals about the distribution of the 10% of the bequest which we are giving away, and these were accepted. We are going to support:
- Young people in the area through Engage, a new cross-Telford Secondary schools outreach initiative, and a YMCA project.
- Local mission through the NGM Luv Esther production and a CAP emergency fund.
- Global mission through a Clean Water Provision project run by Africa Inland Church Health Ministries and “Rooted in Jesus” discipleship conferences in Mityana diocese, Uganda.
We also discussed a proposed new pattern for the leadership of the parish. There has been good progress made in the development of this, but there is still some work to do. These conversations will continue, with the aim of implementing the new pattern at the Annual Parochial Church Meeting next year.
What can you do?
- Pray for the project teams researching the possible large scale investments of the bequest money.
- Pray for the effective implementation of the projects agreed.
- Pray for the ongoing development of the pattern of leadership of the parish, and for good foundations to be laid for it.
Please do feedback or ask any questions of the PCC members.